About Dave Radford
Dave Radford is a fifth generation Idahoan, born and raised in Idaho Falls, Idaho. At the age of sixteen, Dave moved from Idaho Falls to a farm four miles east of Rigby, Idaho. He graduated from Rigby High School in 1975, and moved back to Idaho Falls where he and his wife, Liz, were the owners and operators of Tam's Frostop, a fast food restaurant, for five years.
A long-time Young Republican, Dave was active in the Freeman Institute, and later the National Center for Constitutional Studies. Dave volunteered on three State Senate races, worked a Congressional race, and served as a staff member and field representative in sixteen countries for U.S. Senator Steve Symms.
- Married 33 years to Liz, father of 3 married daughters - Rachel (husband Jason Olson), Rebecca (husband Zack Davis DDS), Liza (husband Taylor Lugo) - and 1 son - Daniel (attending BYU-Idaho). 10 grandchildren.
- Small businessman, livestock owner, and Progressive irrigation district member
- 7 years Bonneville County Commissioner
- Former field representative to U.S. Senators Steve Symms and Bob Dole and former Sergeant-at-arms of the Idaho Senate appointed by Senator Mike Crapo
- Former Executive Director and Region 7 chair of the Idaho Republican Party
- Republican precinct committeeman for over 22 years (15 and 58 precincts)
For our Youth
- Bonneville County Fair Board Member
"Serving our youth through the agricultural based
4-H programs here in Bonneville County"
- Grand Teton Peaks Council Executive Committee member and Holiday Heartfelt Auction chairman for the Boy Scouts (6 years)
- Former Eagle Scout Advisor and BYU-Idaho youth advisor. Bonneville Youth Development Council supporter (BYDC)
For our County and Community
- Chairman High County Resource Conservation and Development (USDA for Noxious Weed Control and Cloud Seeding)
- Board of Directors member of East Central Idaho Planning and Development (small business loans and infrastructure projects)
- Development Workshop Board of Directors
- Domestic Violence Intervention Committee Member
- Museum of Idaho and Bonneville County Heritage Commission board member.
- Idaho Falls Higher Education Advisory Council Member.
- Idaho Falls Parks and Recreation and I.F. Urban Renewal Commission member
- State and National County Public Lands Committee Member
- United Way Bonneville County Employee Chair
- Proud member of the Farm Bureau, National Rifle Association, Idaho Chooses Life, and Partnership for Science and Technology
- Chairman of the Bonneville County Mosquito Abatement Interim District (West Nile Virus Protection)